Re: [BKARTS] Outsourcing America

Alice,
Let me see if I understand your need.
Are you saying that you'd like to have your domain or web pages hosted on a
server that is owned and operated by the party you will pay for the service?
If you are interested in DOMAIN hosting, I can share with you the fact that
I use WEBMASTERS.COM as the most reasonably priced hosting company with lots
of space and amenities.
For simply hosting a small site, no domain, there is no solution.  You will
have to be a third party in one sense of another and, in that case, it's a
matter of shopping around for the domain host NAME that you most would like
to be associated with.  AOL is not so bad.  GeoCities (FREE) is awful
because of the ubiquitous pop-ups and banner ads your visitors are forced to
endure to visit your pages.  Few people who run their own domains want to
give strangers access to their sites for uploading their own sub-sites.
That is why AOL and GEOCITES, supported by an array of technicians to deal
with firewalls and password protections, can handle it better. I'm not
surprised that AOL or GEOCITIES is not the primary server service. It is
sound business practice to outsource that type of service and the tech.
support needed for it.
If you have any additional questions, you can ask me.  I have been doing web
design for 8 years and, though a full time teacher, I am also webmaster for
our school's website/domain.
Very sincerely yours,
Anita Malchiodi Albedi
P.S.  For absolutely beautiful digital DRAWINGS of renaissance and medieval
illuminated manuscript art (glorified clip art) please visit
http://www.alfredom.com/art