Re: [BKARTS] Fw: Change Copyright Date?

What I do to distinguish printings, on the back of the bastard
title page, with the copyright ISBN and CIP data is I put a
series of numbers like:

20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1

Then the first printing I leave the numbers as they are to
indicate first printing, then the next printing I stone the 1
off the plate leaving the remaining numbers and each succeeding
press run I stone off another number. If I make new plates, I
delete the numbers from the film.

I do not use print run numbers for books on demand printed on
our Doccutecs or HP Indigo Presses.

MayKitten
--- Alan Shalette <AlShal@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please excuse my earlier rush to publish.
>
> I should have said that if you would like to distinguish
> later printings / issues from earlier ones, you
> could indicate the printing date with your copyright
> information. Doing this is in a systematic / formal
> way will help bibliographers, collectors, etc.
>
> Alan Shalette

>         See the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:
> <http://www.philobiblon.com>
>
>      *Postings may not be re-printed in any form without the
> express
>      consent of the author - Please respect their
> contributions & ©*
>
>         Archive maintained and suppported by Conservation
> OnLine

=====
Pagan, Pagan, what are you finding?

>From the book, Charge of the Goddess