Re: [BKARTS] cheap, cheaper, poor

I tell my clients the difference between quality leather and cheap leather, and then I tell them I won't use cheap leather. I don't stock it, and so it won't save them much. The biggest cost is in the labor. I can't guarantee long service from bonded leather, and I tell them why.
An explanation of the differences between cloth and synthetic leather and quality goat or calfskins is usually sufficient to explain the difference in cost. No one argues with me, probably because if they want leather it's understood that it's my way or they find someone else.

About half of my clientele who order new cases (Bibles, mostly) will opt for cloth, the other half for leather. There really isn't a problem. Not for me, anyway.

Carol
Eugene, OR