Re: [BKARTS] Help--kind of off subject

Celia,

Try contacting some local businesses/corporations (even a nice bank
located in a desirable area of town?) which have open foyers/lobbies
and ask them if they would enjoy the opportunity to see some fine art
in their space. With a small reception, they may even gain some
business contacts.

We have a local curator who actually draws an income curating such
art exhibits for local non-profits. The business people enjoy the
art, and some of it actually sells very well.

We also have some local art students who have turned their apt./loft
into an actual gallery space with very favorable results.

(See: The Practical Handbook for the Emerging Artist, by Margaret Lazzari)

Best,
Rhonda Gushee
Milford, Ohio
U.S.A.

Okay -I am in a sort of bind (sorry), I am unexpectedly graduating  (M.A.)
this semester and the exhibit space is all tied up. My work is small &
sculptural.

I live in a very small town (Johnson City, Tennessee) and I'm having trouble
convincing anyone to let me use (rent) space for as little as two days or as
much as a month...I've tried empty (sort of) shop space downtown, no luck.

I am perfectly willing to get liability insurance for whatever time period
so the owner would not be at risk. I have a generator for lighting in case
the wiring is a problem.

Has anyone had exhibitions in odd places? Any suggestions?
Thanks for your patience with me!

Celia