Re: [BKARTS] spam? question/apology

Very good advice from Jules.

Until this goes away, everyone please
* Keep your virus software updated
* DO NOT open any suspicious attachments. By clicking on the icon
attached to the email you will launch a program that can do damage to
your system as well as further propigate the virus.
* Even if the email appears to come from someone you know, if you're
not expecting a message with an attachment from that person check first
before opening it. As Jules says, the "From" line may be spoofed.

And if you really want to avoid most viruses start using something
other than the standard Windows setup; use a mail program other than
Outlook, and/or an operating system other than Windows. Most viruses
are written for that combination, as it's the most popular setup and
the person who wrote the virus wants to get the most effect out of his
work. Viruses written to attack Windows won't hurt a Mac.

-Karl