Re: [BKARTS] cheap, cheaper, poor

Carol,

Good leather can be cheap. We sell domestic embossed cowhide. It is vegetable
tanned and a pigment finish. It is not as durable as the best Nigerian
goatskin but is less than half the price. I have purchased Nigerian goatskins from a
certain tannery in England that after twenty years were weak to the point of
deterioration. You don't always get what you pay for and seldom get what you
don't pay for. It is best to know both the leather and the tannery.

Regards,

Ed Stansell
http://www.bookrestoration.net