Re: [BKARTS] forming the cap when doing a vellum binding??

I don't use anything if the vellum has been lined, and might use acrylic,
the same color as used to color the board edges if using unlined and
thinner vellum. I've never used cord, but have left the spine stiffener
(Rueckeneinlage) longer and then cut little triangles out to make it
conform to the round of the spine when flattened down.

My vellum tutorial is online at
<httP://www.philobiblon.com/vellumhandout.pdf> and you have a link from
your page. The instructions in Wiese, Der Bucheinband are excellent.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Philobiblon: Book Arts Different by Design
Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<http://www.philobiblon.com>