Re: [BKARTS] Valentines

Ruth

I'm a big fan of making accordions with kids because they can learn a
few basic techniques and adapt them all kinds of ways. I'm giving a
workshop on valentines next week that I will be parents and kids. We're
going to make a 4 page accordion with a simple cover (cover stock
rather than covered board) and a ribbon and an eight page accordion so
they can see how to connect sections and make them longer. Then I am
going to let them play, showing how they can make shaped accordion
(hearts I presume) to stand alone or put a smaller accordion inside
each 2 page spread of the bigger accordion. With a narrow eight page
accordion they can do the Hedi Kyle flag structure. I am planning on
having some patterns available so they can make their own envelopes. I
have some directions for simple projects on my website at
http://www.makingbooks.com/projects.html

Have fun.

in good spirit
Susan