From: William Minter [mailto:wminter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 3:47 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Marbling problem

On Feb 19, 2004, at 3:28 PM, Betty Storz wrote:

> I tried first with room temperature water and then with water heated
> to 70-95 degrees. It made no difference in  the settling of the
> methylcellulose.
******************************
Don't know about for marbling, but here is how we mix MC.
Try stirring the powder into hot water (about 110 F  -- at least 40 C),
then add an equal amount of cold water. Stir occasionally -- during the
day -- and allow to sit overnight. Then thin to the consistency that you
need. Good Luck, Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695
814-793-4020
Fax:   814-793-4045
Email:    wminter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

     consent of the author - Please respect their contributions & (c)*