Re: [BKARTS] Marbling problem

Betty,
I haven't used methyl cellulose for marbling but use it for
papermaking, bookbinding and chine colle.
I always mix it in ice cold water and in a blender.
Get the blender going first and then sprinkle the pre-measured
methyl cellulose into the moving water.
This keeps the crystals separate and I never stir again
after that first 30 seconds to a minute in the blender.
It takes quite a while to completely absorb.  I usually make it
a day before I need it.  Then after its totally finished soaking
up the water I store it in the fridge. I have not had problems with
lumps or settling regardless of how thick a paste I make.
Hope this helps.
--Cara