Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 22:37:23 -0500

From: Amy Self <aself@xxxxxxx>

Subject: bookbinding textbook

hello all,

I am a graduate student at the School of Information Sciences at the
University of Tennessee, Knoxville. I am designing an independent study
course for this summer on hand bookbinding. For part of the course, I
will be taking two classes at Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts in
Gatlinburg, TN. The first of the classes is a two-week course on blank
books by Daniel Essig. The second class is a one-week course on pop-up
books by Carol Barton. I would like some recommendations from book
artists for a book that I could use during this independent study course
as a supplement to the classes. Ideally, the book would provide some
background on the history of the book and hand bookbinding, as well as
some information about the tools, materials, processes, and people
involved in hand binding up to this point in history. Any suggestions
will be greatly appreciated. Replies may be posted to the list or sent
directly to my email. Thank you, Amy Self aself@xxxxxxx

------------------------------

Bryan L. W. Draper
Field Services Coordinator