Re: [BKARTS] Karpeles

There is a Karpeles Museum in Charleston, SC, too and
like Pat, I find it amazing.  I've been to the one
here several times, no admission charge, a different exhibit
each time.

My understanding is this is the way the owner shares the
interest in interesting manuscripts.  The exhibits rotate around
the various locations.  In Charleston they bought a large
building, so they definitely incurred some expense in setting
the museum up.

They have been a good addition to our community.  I contacted the
staff here when we were hosting a convention in town and they
even planned an exhibit that would coordinate with the convention
theme to be in the museum during the convention.  This sort of
thing does have to be planned well in advance, though, because the
schedule of exhibits is fixed/planned six months to a year ahead
of the actual exhibit.

Jane Brown
Charleston, SC