Re: [BKARTS] ? regarding book cover

On Mar 1, 2004, at 10:39 PM, Raphiel Benjamin wrote:

I need ideas or suggestions about a thick ((about 3/8ths inch) cover to
be used with coptic binding; thick enough that I can recess small
objects in the cover(board?)  which can be viewed by lifting part of
the cloth enclosing the thick board. Please suggest appropriate
materials.

******************************
Binder board, museum board, (acid-free) corrugated board, almost
anything -- wood, such as Balsa, or even foam (foamcore), or other
materials -- can be laminated together as long as they meet your
concerns for durability and longevity. In fact, two different materials
can be laminated together. For example, use binder board on the outside
with corrugated in the middle to reduce the weight. Additionally, the
window/opening(s) can be cut in the various layers before assembly, and
the layers can be covered and/or other things can be added. Then the
layers can be adhered together. YOU have complete control of the
materials! --- there are no specific rules -- there is no right or
wrong way to do it. I would suggest that you do a test first before
making the finished item.
Good Luck.

Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike