Re: [BKARTS] Source for Lined Paper

Leah -

If you have a printer you can do this yourself.  To get the grain of the
paper right you'll need to find 11" x 17" paper, then cut it in half.  HP
sells a paper that is light enough to take the folds, but is designed for
inkjet printers, so there is minimal bleed-through; you can get it through
Staples and similar places.  The resultant 8.5" x 11" papers will have the
grain correct after you have folded them.

Create a document in the word processor of your choice, with one page of
lines - experiment until they are right when printed, then copy that page as
many times as you wish.

You can create the lines with the underline key, or by creating a table,
then setting the format so that only the horizontal lines show, or go into
graphics (drawing) mode and draw a line, then copy it.  The different
effects are noticeable.

You might find that you can save a lot of ink by setting the lines to have
only 25 or 50% inking - you can set this if the lines are created in
graphics mode.  Soft gray lines can be nice.

I have done this a number of times.  It is more tedious than ordering the
paper, but that's the way it goes.

Finally, someone, maybe Talas, sells just what you want if you don't care to
roll your own.  Someone on this list should know.  If no one comes up with
the answer, raise the question again and I'll try to dig through some notes
for you.

Ed.