[BKARTS] CH

Not to quibble, but

CH (Cantons of Helvetica -- a.k.a. Switzerland) is incorrect.

CH stands for chocolate. Just kidding.

Actually, it stands for Confoederatio  Helvetica--Helvetic
Confederation--, the official name for what we know as Switzerland.
It's latin--so as not to favor one of the four linguistic groups
comprising the confederation. "Helvetica" comes from the name of the
celts living in the region at the time of Caeser.

"Switzerland" comes from Schwyz, one of the four original
germanic-speaking cantons of the confederation.

My cultural, albeit non-book, contribution to the list today.

Beth Kubly
bmk126@xxxxxxx