Re: [BKARTS] 19th century tissue

On Mar 3, 2004, at 3:36 PM, vernon wiering wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find tissue similar to that found
protecting
plates of 19th Century books? I don't want to use glassine, and the
Japanese
tissues I use and have seen aren't the right texture.
******************************
I had a similar need a few years ago. I was able to find a Japanese
paper that was sized, smooth and the right color. A similar paper
should be available.
I am not sure if the company is still around? Lauren Perlman was the
owner and I seem to remember seeing a new number for her.
Anyway, it just occurs to me that you could really use any appropriate
Japanese paper. Size it with methylcellulose and then press it when it
is almost dry between sheets of Mylar.
Good Luck,
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike