Re: [BKARTS] heavy book covers

It's just like plywood.  Alternate layers should be at right angles
to the previous layer for greater stability.

I'd put the binder's board in the middle and use the museum board
for the outer layers.

In addition, I'd use hide glue, or a glue-paste mixture, instead of
just paste because it will dry more quickly and, thus, be less likely
to develop mold before it is all dry.

Jack

>I'm pasting together 4-ply museum board and heavy binder's board to make
>a sturdy cover for an album. Should the grains on these two pieces run
>parallel to each other or perpendicular?
>
>Thanks for your suggestions.
>
>E. Voeller

Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick