[BKARTS] Leather Source

I have been looking for a source of thick leather (around 2.5 mm thick) to use
for a wrap-around soft cover for a long-stitch book. I neither need nor can
afford to buy the entire skin. I did find a place in Texas that sells
reasonable (to me) sizes but for vegetable tanned leather they only have
natural colored skins and I would prefer some choice of color.

Thanks for any help in locating a source.

rj