[BKARTS] Los Angeles Edible Book Show

Books to make.
Books to eat.
Food for thought.
Food for fun.

The Los Angeles Book Arts Center invites you to join us for the Fifth Annual
International Edible Book High/Low Tea.  The tea is a celebration of the book
in food form.  We hope to delight all of your senses with a combination of
creativity and culinary skills.  The fun starts at 2:00pm on Saturday, April 3,
2004, in the new West Hollywood Community Center, Rooms 5 & 6, in Plummer Park
at 7377 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood.  From 2:00-4:00pm everyone is
welcome to view the creations, mingle with the artist/chefs and take the
opportunity to learn about the book arts community in Los Angeles.  At 4:00pm we will
serve up the edible books with tea and coffee.

This event is free and open to everyone.  Please join us for an afternoon of
delicious art and creative fun.  If you would like to participate in creating
an edible book for the tea, please contact the Los Angeles Book Arts Center at
(310) 657-2616 or LAGourmet@xxxxxxxx  For more information and photographs of
past edible book shows, please visit www.colophon.com/ediblebooks.  For
information on the Los Angeles Book Arts Center, please visit our website at
www.labookarts.com.

The Los Angeles Book Arts Center is a creative, intellectual and technical
resource for artists, collectors, dealers, curators and all individuals
interested in the book and paper arts.  It is the center's mission to serve as a
network and clearinghouse for information, education and resources. This is being
accomplished through networking, workshops, lectures, publications, exhibitions
and outreach.  Our commitment is to build a strong community as well as to
further individual pursuits in the book and paper arts.

The Los Angeles Book Arts Center (LABAC) was founded in September 2002.  Open
meetings, hosted lectures, classes and continuous online discussion groups
all contribute to building a strong book arts community in Los Angeles.  The Los
Angeles Book Arts Center offers the broadest possible range of classes in the
book arts, drawing and calligraphy, paste papers and monoprints, book
structures of all types, cases and boxes, and everything between and beyond.