Re: [BKARTS] Carol Todaro workshops?

Excellent! Thank you John. I'm going to do my best to make it. I appreciate your information. It's going to be a large commitment of time for me (I'm about 2 hours north of Ft. Lauderdale), so it's nice to hear that it should be worth the effort I'll be making.

At 09:09 AM 3/8/04 -0500, you wrote:
At 11:19 AM 3/7/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Has anyone taken a class or workshop from Carol Todaro before? There is one
>coming up in April at the Ft. Lauderale Beines Center, and I'm seriously
>thinking of taking it but would like to know more about the instructor
>(other than her resume) before I commit. Thanks in advance.
>
>~ Tammy

I don't think you'll be disappointed with Carol Todaro. She is, I'd say,
one of the best of our regional book artists in South Florida--her work is
consistently high caliber and thought-provoking. She taught a workshop in
concertina bindings here at the Jaffe Book Arts Collection last fall; it
was my first experience seeing Carol in the role of instructor, and I was
very impressed with her skill, her teaching style, and the level of
seriousness she brought to the class. I think you'll be impressed with the
space at the Bienes Center, too.

Go for it.
John

John Cutrone