[BKARTS] Deacidification

I'm new to the list and have a question about the use of Wei T'O # 11
for deacidification.

The family data pages in an old bible have picked up some acid from
newspaper clippings and other sources (1840) and have become yellowed
and brittle.  Does anyone know if wei to will damage the ink of the hand
written data?  I know the instructions say test the ink, but if others
have already done this kind of thing and found that wei to does damage
the ink most of the time, I will not try.  If it usually does not damage
the ink, I will test it.

Jim North
northjames@xxxxxxx