Re: [BKARTS] Deacidification

On Mar 9, 2004, at 9:22 AM, James North wrote:

Does anyone know if wei to will damage the ink of the hand
written data?  I know the instructions say test the ink, but if others
have already done this kind of thing and found that wei to does damage
the ink most of the time, I will not try.  If it usually does not
damage
the ink, I will test it.
******************************
The only way to know for sure is to test the ink. Even if the same
person has used the same "color" of ink from the same manufacturer for
many years, there is no guarantee that the ink is the same.
Manufacturers are constantly altering there product (without
disclosure) to meet their needs. We are at their mercy.
There are all sorts of horror stories about conservators/restorers
assuming that an ink would not bleed after they have tested other
similar documents.
You must test.
Bill

4364 Woodbury Pike