[BKARTS] Enzymes

Hello folks,

I've got a problem I would like to solve. I've got a book
that has plates that needed washing. Now the problem is that
there were paper repairs using what seems to be an Animal
glue, the book is old and the repairs seem to be old too.

After washing and a light bleaching the glue has remained
in place with no apparent effect at all. In the washing the
paper floated free but that was it.

Now I've heard of enzymes as a possible solution to such
sticky problems but one I don't know which enzyme would be
fitting and two I don't know how to apply the enzyme once
the correct choice has been made.

Can someone give me some advice here?

Christopher Brown,
Potsdam, Germany