[BKARTS] alum and paste

I understand that adding alum to paste will extend its shelf life. I'm not
sure what the proportions of alum to paste should be and would appreciate
any information concerning this. If anyone has any other tips on preserving
paste I would love to hear them. I'm tired of paste going watery (and
useless) in less than a week.

Sincerely.

Richard Lewis