Re: [BKARTS] paste cooking advice?

                    60,000 ? (Euro) in total prizes

On Mar 11, 2004, at 9:23 AM, Hempe, Sandy wrote:

Then we cook in a
Cook-N-Stir, at a little above heat level 4 (out of 5) for about 10
minutes,
until the paste turns gray and translucent.  Then we turn the heat
down to 1
(low) and cook for another half hour.  ....
I would very much appreciate any suggestions that anyone has, or paste
recipes that work well for you.

******************************
Maybe your paste is not cooking long enough at a high enough
temperature?
Before the gears failed in our old Cook-N-Stir, I checked the
temperature of the heated solution. The highest it ever reached was 185
degrees F. I checked another unit and found the same low temperature.
We now have a different system.
It is my understanding that the water has to boil, and that the
solution should continue at that temperature for about 20 minutes while
being stirred.

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695
814-793-4020