[BKARTS] Edge guilding techniques?

                     60,000 ? (Euro) in total prizes

Hello,

some days ago I have seen a very nice book done by Jakob Krause. It was
a Book alla Graeca with a very nice guilded edge.
This edge has not only be guilded, but also colored. It seems like the
colour has been applied above the gold.
1.
What kind of colours did he use?
Any suggestions??

2.
Is it possible to use two different kinds of gold leafs to produce a
nice pattern??

3.
Would it be possible to create even shapes with two different kinds of
gold leaf??

(I would be glad to try this, but if there are any experiences with this
kind of work it should be easier to start.)

Florian

Homepage:
http://www.ftd-buch.de