[BKARTS] Listserv Upgrade at Syracuse University

                    60,000 ? (Euro) in total prizes

>>> A public service notice from the folks that host Book_Arts-L <<<<

On Saturday March 27, from 7:00 to 12:00, we will be upgrading Listserv to
version 1.8e. During this time, Listserv will not be distributing mail, and
the listserv web interface will be unavailable. Mail and commands sent to
Listserv will be held until the upgrade is completed- they will be delayed
but not lost.

Listserv commands and list configuration options are largely unchanged in
1.8e. Following are some changes you  may notice:

o Major functionality changes involve the web interface: - significant
improvements for list owners, including a wizards capability - list members
can manage list subscriptions via the web.

This web interface for subscribers is new, but should greatly simplify
changing options...

Antivirus scanning is included with 1.8e, although we expect to be using
Syracuse University's AV scanning as well. Initially, virus emails will be
cleaned and forwarded on to the intended list. In the future, we hope to
delete virus emails completely. In summary, we do plan to do AV scanning,
but the details will be worked out over time.

We are testing spam scanning, although this is not part of the upgrade. We
will let you know how this works out.

Please remember, unless otherwise stated these changes will not take effect
until Saturday, March 27. If you have questions about the upgrade, you can

Peter

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator
<verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"The Man's Prayer : I'm a man,  but I can change. If I have to. I guess." -
The Red Green Show