Re: [BKARTS] official binding name?

                     60,000 ? (Euro) in total prizes

>From Roberts & Etherington
"Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books"
Washington, DC (1982)

French fold
A sheet of paper printed on one side only and folded over
from left and right to form a "section" with uncut bolts. The
inside of the fold is blank.

-------------

I believe that Asian Binding (e.g. Japanes binding) is the
term applied to the method used for french-folded
text blocks.

Alan Shalette
Albuquerque

Thirteenth Albuquerque Antiquarian Book Fair
Books, Prints, Photos & Other
Printed Collectibles
April 2-3, 2004
Info: < AlShal@xxxxxxx >