Re: [BKARTS] Decorating Book Covers with Ink

                    60,000 ? (Euro) in total prizes

John:

There are any number of ways to decorate book cover material. Silk
screening is certainly one way. Letter press printing and offset
printing also work on many book cover materials. Foil stamping (using
colored foil) is also quite common.

The best method to use will depend on the type of cover material
(fabric or paper) that is used and the complexity of the cover
design. It may end up being a combination of methods.

Gregor Campbell
Campbell-Logan Bindery, Inc.

*********************************************** MDE - Innovation 2004: An International Bookbinding Design Competition 60,000 Ä (Euro) in total prizes Full information at <http://www.mde2004.org/> ***********************************************

Does anyone have experience using ink on book covers? We are considering
decorating some cloth covers with ink. I imagine there are a variety of
ways to apply it i.e., stamping, silk screening, lithography.

We are especially looking for someone in the Boston area who could help
with the details of putting together a process that can work for a run
of several hundred books.

Thanks,

John
retail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx