[BKARTS] Removing crayon from library book

Can anyone give me some advice on how to remove green crayon from one
page of a library book. My 3 1/2 year old niece drew on a $30.00 out
of print children's book and my brother wants to try to fix it.
Someone told him that lighter fluid would work?! I told him not to do
anything until I consulted with my panel of experts here. Any ideas?