[BKARTS] SOUTHEAST Edible Book High/Low Tea

Edible Book High/Low Tea
The Southeast Chapter of the Guild of BookWorkers is proud to
participate in the Fifth International Edible Book Festival by offering
the first ever Southeast regional Edible Book High/Low Tea.  All those
interested and intrigued are invited to concoct a literary feast for
exhibition and consumption. The tea will be held in Atlanta this
Saturday, April 3, 2004.  The Atlanta College of Art has graciously
offered use of their Student Lounge for our High Tea. It's located on
the 3rd floor of the Atlanta College of Art Building at 1280 Peachtree
Street, NE in Atlanta, Georgia. Parking is across the street.

The event is free, and open to anyone interested. The only rule for this
High/Low Tea is that all works of art must be edible and have something
to do with books!

From 12 - 2, the edible books will be set up for viewing. From 2 - 4
p.m., you sip High/Low Tea while viewing the edible exhibit. At 4 p.m.,
after documenting the work, we eat it too!

We will take digital photographs to record the event and all displayed
books. Our menu and photographs will be sent to the founder and event
organizer Judith A. Hoffberg of Umbrella Editions, and will be viewable
along with links of all participants around the world at
http://colophon.com/ediblebooks/ . The documentation will be used for a
potential (non-edible) book by Umbrella Editions.

What's an edible book?
Any book that is made out of food rather than paper and board.
Please visit http://colophon.com/ediblebooks/links.html for inspiration
and to see previous edible book art.

If you are interested in participating or attending the Edible Book
High/Low Tea please contact:
Ann Frellsen
libavf@xxxxxxxxx
404-727-0307 (daytime)