[BKARTS] website update

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I am extremely happy to let you know that after a long hiatus, I have updated my website http://www.letterspace.com/handpress/.

The biggest news is that after eight years, Stephen O. Saxe (my editor) and I have finally signed off on Nineteenth-Century Printing Practices and the Iron Handpress. At almost 1200 pages, in two volumes, it is due in bookstores in June.

For years, I have sought a North American source for pulpboard. At last, through Alex Widen, a Canadian commercial printer, I was able to connect with a distributor in British Columbia. The company, Fisher Continental will package a Paper Dampening Kit primarily for handpress printers.

Suddenly, there is a "glut" of iron handpress being offered for sale. More than six are listed on my website.

As always, I am eager to hear from printers with handpress whether or not they actually print on them.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at my new personal e-mail address: g.rummonds@xxxxxxxx

A presto,

Gabriel Rummonds
2642 NW 58th Street, #1