Re: [BKARTS] looking for AB related academic books

Tammy,

I suggest you look at The Cutting Edge of Reading: Artists' Books, by Renée Riese Hubert & Judd
D. Hubert (New York: Granary Books, 1999), especially chapter 5, "Altering Books--The Cutting Edge
of Reading."

I too have been looking for articles or books that go beyond the artsy/craftsy or how-to, but so far haven't found much;
if you find others please let me know. And where can I find a copy of Wark's article? I'm researching altered books
not from that craft side but from the art side, and am still looking for sources and examples. My research is at home so if
you want to compare notes, let me know.

I'm curious about your school related work on artists' books. What are you working on?

I hope this helps.

Kathy

Kathryn L. Corcoran
Library Services Director