[BKARTS] Los Angeles Edible Book Artists

There is still time to participate in the Los Angeles Edible Book Art Show.
Participation is free and open to all interested.  We are all hard at work
creating edible books today and tomorrow and would love to put out a wonderful
selection of edible art on Saturday.  If you would like to create an edible book
for the show I have included the original call below to inspire you.  Please
feel free to contact me and bring your edible artwork to Plummer Park
Saturday, April 3 between 12:30 and 1:30.  We are looking forward to a great show.

How To Make An Edible Book
A Call For Entries Or Entrees, Hors d'oeuvres and Desserts

The Los Angeles Book Arts Center invites book artists of all ages to cook
up a literary feast for the Fifth Annual International Edible Book High/Low
Tea. The tea will be held Saturday, April 3, 2004, in rooms five and six at
Plummer Park, 7377 Santa Monica Blvd. in West Hollywood, from 2:00 P.M. to
5:00 PM.  Set up to begin at 12:00 and run until 1:30, show to begin promptly
at
2:00, we will eat the artwork at 4:00 and begin clean up at 5:00 PM.
Please visit www.colophon.com/ediblebooks for inspiration and to see previous
edible book art.

What is an Edible Book?
An edible book is just that. An artists' book that is edible, made out of
food rather than paper and board.

How to begin.
What's your favorite food?
Chocolate?
Cheese?
Vegetables?

What's your favorite book?
Pulp fiction?
Bodice rippers?
Biographies?
Children's Lit?
Here is the opportunity to make your books and eat them too.

Materials
Any food items that will make an edible book. Visit the market with a new
view of food as an art material. Imagine books of broccoli, Chop some
veggies, Bake a cake, the sky's the limit.

REMEMBER
It's just like making an artists' book only more calories.
Content
Structure
Taste
FUN

There is no fee to participate in or to be a spectator for this show, but we
do need to know how many artists will be creating edible artwork so we have
enough space. For more info and to register your edible art please contact Lisa
Deutsch at 310-657-2616/ LAGourmet@xxxxxxxx  And be sure to visit our website
at www.LABookArts.com