[BKARTS] southeast book arts association meeting

Invitation for all interested.

The SABA (Southeast Association for Book Arts)
has the goal of promoting practitioners in the art of bookmaking, researchers in
the
field of book arts, those involved in printmaking related to production of
books
and restoration folks...

We also encourage participation by supporters of book arts. It is broad to begin
with
and our focus may change over time, but for the present, we want the crossover
of talents and interests.

We are developing our logo and web site, and our meeting of
Saturday, April 17, 1:00 p.m.
USC - McMaster College
Columbia, SC 29208
2nd Floor---look for signs to conference room
(with potluck lunch) at Univ of South Carolina will be
to begin organizing a book art conference  & exhibit for next year:  May
2005....
we hope to encourage artists, exhibitors, scholars, papermakers and those who
wish to sell
bookart papers, supplies, etc....

Directions:

Traveling from Spartanburg Area
East to Columbia
Keep on 26 to 126 into town
and at the exits into Columbia,
Take the Huger Street Ramp

Stay on Huger to Gervais Street
Take Left on Gervais Street
Travel approx 1 mile to Henderson Street (At the Complete Care Care sign)

Take Right on Henderson
Right after the Complete  Car Care, take right into the parking lot...

That is McMaster College (ART DEPT)

Park and come in the side door
which I will have propped open

Take the elevator to 2nd Floor,
and around the corner to the left...
follow the hallway around to an open office
VERY end of all hallways

AGENDA:

Introductions & Member interest in the  Assoc.
About SABA

Bookart Conference and Exhibit, May 2005
Demonstrations
Vendors
What kind of conference? How wide to publicize
  Publicity/Web/Print
  McMaster College and Gallery Scheduled already..
    schedule McKissick Museum ?
  Scheduling Book Art Center instead?
Call for proposals and works - sources
Timeline to be developed (what aspects to be included)
   ie...lodging and food to be established immediately
  web work by mid Oct
  print work in stages, but programs by Mid to Late April

Any other items? that will be a rough outline of where we
will go with the agenda....if the group wants to spend some time
talking about books, let's increase the time at the beginning
of our session and bring a book to show and talk about???

End by 2:30 - with a tour of the Book Art Center, if I can arrange
it. (drive across campus to book art center)

See you soon ! Bring other bookartists with you!

Susan Hogue
President
Southeast Association of Book Arts