Re: [BKARTS] Book Arts for children

John,

An accordian book would be fairly simple.  I have copied down the text and photos of one that used to be on artpaper.com's website, which includes a materials and tools lists.  I can send it to you if you like.

Good luck.  Sounds like fun.

Kathy Wolford, Mineral Springs, Pa. kathleenwolford@xxxxxxxxx

John Fitzgerald <joyforever@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Book Cases,

I have an opportunity to teach in a summer arts camp in New Orleans for
children ages 7 to 13. I need your help. I have looked at the archives
and found a reference to The Amazing Paper Book, by Paulette Bourgeois,
which looks great. I wonder if anyone has some more leads or ideas?

I have never taught before, but since its only a six week program I
don't think I can ruin any young lives even if I do a terrible job. On
the other hand, I might be able to introduce a student or two to the
marvelous stuff that can happen with ink and paper.

The curriculum is wide open. I plan to have two sections, one for the
younger and another for the older kids. Since I don't have a lot of
time I need to scale back my ambitions. Paper making and complicated
bindery will have to wait till next year. I will l have an adjustable
bed etching press available and I have some type (both metal and wood).
We'll cut blocks and sling ink and have a grand old time. Grander still
with your help. Please reply to the list or to me directly.

Thanks,
John Fitzgerald
joyforever@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

See the Book_Arts-L FAQ at: