[BKARTS] unglueing

Does anyone have advice on how to unglue something safely? One of my books,
an accordion book, was damaged in an exhibit. I had attached the pages to
each other with wheat paste. One of the pages is completely wrecked, but I
thought I might save the book if I could detach it from the pages on each
side and substitute a new page in its place. But I don't want to damage the
other pages in the process. I'm afraid that if I get the paper wet it might
buckle or wrinkle and stretch.
Thanks,
Shireen

Shireen Holman, Printmaker and Book Artist
email: shireen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.shireenholman.com