Re: [BKARTS] Yellow goatskin

Rich,

I have recently experimented, with good results, with dying fair goatskin yellow using Hewit's analine powder dye. You need to use a fairly high concentration and immerse, or completely saturate, the skin for an hour or so. Allow to air dry, then rinse in clear water, then dry again. The resulting yellow is richer than what I've seen available from commercial bookbinding leather suppliers.

Scott

Scott K Kellar
Bookbinding & Conservation
www.scottkkellar.com