Re: [BKARTS] Wrapper

On Apr 7, 2004, at 1:55 PM, Craig Fansler wrote:

These older paperbacks are warped. so
that the text block is slanted as much as an inch from top to bottom.
Because I'm making an enclosure that is not warped, the wrapper might
be
tight at the bottom of the wrapper, and loose at the top.
******************************
Could you try to cox them into a square shape? You might have to force
them a bit beyond the  norm and them clamp or press them. A slightly
higher humidity might also help, but again with caution.
I could also add, that some older, rounded, hardcover books that have
been read frequently will take on a odd shape. Sometimes this can be
reduced by carefully opening the book a few times FROM THE BACK and
gently running your hand down the gutter.
Good Luck.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695