Re: [BKARTS] scamming a book binder?

Greetings all-

I work in a bookstore in Washington state, and we make overseas transactions a few times a week.  We have been relatively lucky and learned this lesson quickly with a $90 book that we sent to Indonesia a few years ago.  We received a chargeback notice a month or two later.  The bookseller mailing lists we subscribe to are full of stories like this.  One of the recommended safety checks is to verify the postal code for the country your customer claims to live in.... Apparently scammers will write an address complete with postal code, then add "Australia" or some other less fraud-ridden nation at the end.  The package still goes to Nigeria (or wherever) based on the postal code.  If we are in doubt at all, we will politely refuse the order.

Emily

Do you Yahoo!?