Re: [BKARTS] ISBN

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dorothy Simpson Krause" <dotkrause@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 9:29 PM
Subject: Re: ISBN

> > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not
understand

> --B_3164308169_3964618
>
> I am finally publishing my Millennium Tarot and need one ISBN number. it
> seems that I will have to pay $225 for 10 numbers. Am I reading this
right?
> http://www.isbn.org/standards/home/isbn/us/printable/isbn.asp
>
> Dot
> http://www.DOTKRAUSE.com/art/tarot/tarot.htm

Coincidentally, I just asked the same question on another forum. From what
I learned there and from various net sources it seems that the total
(payable to Bowker) is $75 (non-refundable) + $19.95 + $225 + $20 per year
fee for logbook listing (Optional. Free for one year) + another charge to
generate the barcodes (Optional). I think that if you acquire an ISBN
number from another publisher then it becomes the publisher of record and
it probably won't be willing to do this without getting a lot of control
over the production and distribution of the book.

Ed