Re: [BKARTS] Saving sections made up of thick paper

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Transient Books wrote:

> I don't usually use mull with linen tapes. Should I try this across the
> spine as well? How else can I convince these sections that they want to be
> together through the course of time?

I was taught to line spines with a layer of japanese tissue, cut slightly
wider and shorter than the spine itself and pasted on and pounded down
with a stippling brush at the same time as pasting up the spine, and after
the book block is thoroughly dry, add a starched cambric lining, no taller
than the japanese tissue lining but wide enough to overlap onto the boards
1/2 inch on each side.

                                                Rachel