Re: [BKARTS] Saving sections made up of thick paper

I tried the link stitch, but on only 4 sections it didn't seem to make much
difference. As a matter of fact, when the book is in the press, good and
tight, pasted in the creases, and reinforced with super, it looks more solid
than my house. But as soon as all is dry, and I open it to test, those
signatures pull apart.
Now it occurs to me to try not having it so tight in the press when I work
glue, japanese tissue, and super into the creases. Perhaps that way the
creases will be reinforced further in.
As for the number of pages in the signature, putting in less will be an
option in the next copy of this book. As it is now, I need (to try) to save
the already printed book block.

A funny note on Japanese Tissue. Here in Argentina, since the crisis,
imported binding materials have tripled in cost. Japanese paper, among other
materials, has become quite prohibitive for many binders. For paper repair,
one of the substitues that local binders have started using is tea bags,
instead of japanese papers and tissues. I don't know how acid free the tea
bags are, but I loved the creativity on finding a replacement.

Alex
www.transientbooks.com