Re: [BKARTS] Saving sections made up of thick paper

> If you continue having difficulties maintaining cohesion, you could just
build
> that into the design of your book... use tapes that are attractive and use
> colored spine lining (that doesn't bleed) so that you can say, "I meant to
do
> that."
>  - Rachael Schechter

Along the same lines, what about sewing the gatherings onto an accordion
spine with narrow sections? The gatherings can be sewn into every valley, as
below, creating a visible stub between each section...

 <
 <
>  >

..or into every other valley, creating stubbs that can be adhered to the
outer leaves of each section for decorative effect..

>  >
 <

 <
>  >
 <

 <
>  >

This type of stubbing may add undesirable thickness to the spine edge if the
paper isn't really thin and strong (painted tyvek is a good choice if you
have access to it).

Another Japanese tissue alternative that might work in a pinch is perm
papers (those little sheets beauticians use to get the hair on the rollers).
They are about the size of the tea bags you mentioned, but are thin enough I
would imagine you could overlap them.

with best wishes,
Roberta

(Alex, I still have a big packet here with your name on it that I hope to
get complete and shipped sometime soon!)
Roberta Lavadour
Mission Creek Press / Pendleton, Oregon
http://www.missioncreekpress.com/newwork.htm