Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 8 Apr 2004 to 9 Apr 2004 (#2004-96)

Japanese Tissue Substitutes

There are  sources of nonwoven tissues I can think of:
Having left the lid off a container of hand wipes I was left with a roll of
very strong material which I used to mend a couple of paperbacks. Similar
tissue is in baby wipes, mirror wipes, even Chux would  work in some
situations.

Hairdressers use a very strong tissue with wet strength when doing
permanent waves.

Books of heavy paper:

These may work better with two to four pages per section.

You could also try a strong spine lining of fine linen or unbleached calico.

Adrienne Allen