[BKARTS] questions

I am a new subscriber and would like to begin by asking a few questions.
I have a few projects in mind and would like to get as much information
as possible beforehand. First, ANY recommendations on staining/ aging
paper. Second, I want to alter book pages so that they are somewhat
transparent and will allow the text from the previous few pages to come
through. Then I want to be able to draw/ paint/ collage on those pages.
Any ideas? Lastly, if using wax on paper, how to keep it from getting
brittle et al? Are there particular mixtures or applications people have
found useful? With bated breath,

Edward