[BKARTS] matching old paper

Rich mentions the possibility of acidity with coffee, and food coloring.
Coffee and tea are both acidic. I don't know about food coloring.
This is one of the balances one has to decide when bookbinding,
whether to be a purist regarding acidity of materials or whether
to match the original colors.  It may depend on circumstances.

The primary ingredient in tea is acid is it not?  Coffee I believe is
equally acidic.

Jane Brown
brownjm@xxxxxxxx