Re: [BKARTS] questions

Looking through my cake decorating literature, I find a
brochure from ChefMaster colors that is a reprint from the
July 1976 Bakery Production and Marketing magazine that
details the development of their run and streak resistant
cake colors.

It states that one of the causes of bleeding and creap in
cake frostings are caused by colors or frostings that are
too acid or frostings that are much too alkaline. From the
wording it appears that they are aiming for a near nutral Ph.

MayKitten

--- "First Creator, Ltd." <bookarts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I tried the sugar recipe and I ended up with a large pot of
> hard candy.
>
> I recently had to match some paper from a 1970's trade
> paperback that had
> turned that familiar orange/brown color.  I used a mixture of
> instant
> coffee, yellow food coloring, and red food coloring and came
> up with a near
> perfect match.  The only thing I'm wondering about is whether
> food coloring
> is acidic?   But I'm thinking that even if it is, it probably
> isn't more
> acidic than the paper I was matching.
>
> Does anyone know off hand?
>
> Rich