Re: [BKARTS] matching old paper

On Apr 13, 2004, at 7:10 PM, "Suzanne Manns\"" <SManns@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Did you have to resort to name calling to make your point???......
******************************
Suzanne,
You have every right to be upset with such underhanded remarks. I
suggest that there are better ways to convey differences of opinion.

Your "old boiled book" suggestion is ACTUALLY well documented. It is my
understanding that old books with handmade paper are used, rather than
paperbacks. This was thoroughly researched for a paper that was
presented at a conservation conference a few years ago. I do not have a
citation to quote, but I have seen some wonderful, conservationally
sound, examples of beautifully stained paper that beats any other
method of giving the appearance of aged paper.
Someone else on this list must know of the conference where this
information was presented.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695