Re: [BKARTS] Matching old paper

As an artist whose medium is the book, I hesitate to dip my toe into the
sea of technicalities of conservation with the conservators on the list,
however I will venture this for the those who make book art:
I made an artist book more than 10 years ago using a 19th century album.
I cannot really say I 'restored' the album, but I did fix and alter it.
I used water color to match the color of the aged papers, and looking at
the book right now, it still is a succesful match.
(If anyone owns a copy of Handmade Books and Cards by Jean Kropper, a
picture of this work, Cows, is on page 83).
Susan Rotolo